1981May 3, 1981
- Adam's parents, Leila Mitchel and Eber Lambert, get married. They spend their honeymoon in Puerto Rico. Adam is born 9 months later.
1982January 29, 1982
- Adam Mitchel Lambert is born in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Adam's family moves to San Diego, California, where they settle in the community of Rancho Bernardo.
- Adam's brother Neil is born.
- Adam's family moves to the neighboring community of Rancho Peñasquitos in the northeastern part of the city of San Diego.
- Adam starts attending Deer Canyon Elementary School in Rancho Peñasquitos, California.
- Adam is cast as Linus in San Diego's Lyceum Theater's production of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown". This is his first "gig". From the age of 10 to 17, he will participate in 3-4 musicals a year as part of the Children's Theatre Network (now MET2), including "Fiddler on the Roof", "Peter Pan", "Big River" and "The Secret Garden".
- Adam attends his first concert, featuring Paula Abdul. He loved her "Shut Up and Dance" remixes tape, which he played over and over again.
- Adam graduates from Deer Canyon Elementary School.
- Adam starts attending Mesa Verde Middle School in Rancho Peñasquitos, California.
- Adam performs the lead role in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at San Diego's Lyceum Theatre.
- Adam graduates from Mesa Verde Middle School.
- Adam starts attending Mt. Carmel High School in Rancho Peñasquitos, California.
- Adam is part of the ensemble cast of "Hello Dolly!" and "Camelot" at the Starlight outdoor theatre in Balboa Park.
- Adam goes on a cruise to Mexico with the Mt. Carmel High School Choir.
- Adam plays the role of Uncle Archibald in Mt. Carmel High School spring musical "The Secret Garden", where his interpretation of "Lily's Eyes" earns him a standing ovation every night.
- Adam plays the role of Freddie Trumper in the musical "Chess" presented at the Moonlight Amphitheatre in Vista, CA. He performs the lead song, "Pity the Child".
- Adam plays the role of Frederic in Mt. Carmel High School spring musical "Pirates of Penzance".
- Adam travels to New York with the Mt. Carmel High School Classical Vocal Ensemble. They perform at the Lincoln Center.
- Adam graduates from Mount Carmel High School. He sings at the graduation ceremony. [Video]
- Adam plays the role of Captain Hook in the musical "Peter Pan" presented at the Moonlight Amphitheatre in Vista, CA. He also plays in the "Music Man".
- Adam starts to attend California State University Fullerton as a Theatre Arts major, but drops out after five weeks. He had been too busy rehearsing for "Grease" to attend classes.
- Adam is cast as Doody, the youngest of the Burger Palace Boys, in the musical "Grease" presented at the Moonlight Amphitheatre in Vista, CA. He sings "Those Magic Changes" and "Rock 'n' Roll Party Queen".
- Having to support himself, Adam finds a retail job at Macy's, at the Main Place Mall in Santa Ana, CA. He stays there about 6 months.
- Adam moves to North Hollywood with some friends. He can't find a job and feels miserable.
- Adam is hired by Holland America as the lead singer on the MS Amsterdam cruise ship for 10 months, where he performs in a 6-person musical revue. He travels around the world. After the end of his engagement, he goes back to Los Angeles to pursue a career in musical theater.
- Eber Lambert, Adam's father, goes through a midlife crisis and separates from his wife.
- Adam performs in several Civic Light Opera shows in Orange County and in Los Angeles. He signs up with a manager who finds him various contracts.
- Adam joins the cast of the musical "On the Twentieth Century" produced by Reprise! and presented at the UCLA Freud Playhouse in Los Angeles at the beginning of 2003, with Bob Gunton, Carolee Carmello and Mimi Hines in the leads.
- Adam plays the role of Pakulski and is the understudy for the role of Ethan O'Dowd in the musical "Empire" presented at the Hudson Backstage Theatre in Los Angeles. The show plays to sold out audiences and gets excellent reviews. Nominated for three LA Theatre Ovation Awards, it wins the award for Best Choreography.
- Adam joins the European tour of the musical "Hair" for six months (produced by Wolfgang Bocksch Concerts). He plays the role of Margaret Mead, the tourist lady, as well as a member of the Tribe. He is also the understudy for the role of Claude. The show travels to Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Amsterdam and Italy. Adam starts out as a cute strawberry-blonde, freckled boy, but half-way through the tour, he morphs into a rock star. He dyes his hair black, starts wearing guyliner and black nail polish, changes the way he dresses and experiments with drugs.
- Adam plays the role of Charlie Dalrymple in the musical comedy "Brigadoon" produced by Houston's Theatre Under the Stars, and presented at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts. His performance in "Come to me, bend to me" is breathtaking.
Audio recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJYyqzUr6jU
- Adam plays the role of Phil Mackey in the musical comedy "110 in the Shade" at the Pasadena Playhouse.
- Adam performs "Is Anybody Listening" at the 24th annual Chabad L'Chaim - To Life! Telethon. The co-host, Mindy Sterling, invites him to perform at her son's Bar Mitzvah. [Video]
- Adam is cast as Joshua and performs alongside Val Kilmer who plays the role of Moses in "The Ten Commandments: The Musical" at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, California. The show begins previews on September 21 and opens on September 27. His solo song, "Is Anybody Listening?", gets the best reviews. [Performances]
New York Times: http://theater2.nytimes.com/2004/09/30/theater/reviews/30ten.html?_r=1
Talkin' Broadway: http://www.talkinbroadway.com/regional/la/la157.html
- Adam performs "A change is gonna come" in the Zodiac Show at the Henry Fonda Music Box Theater. [Video]
2005March - September 2005
- Adam joins the national tour of the musical comedy "Wicked" as part of the ensemble cast and as an understudy for the role of Fiyero. The tour opens at the Canon Theatre in Toronto, Ontario from March 9 to April 24, 2005. It then goes to Chicago's Ford Center for the Performing Arts from April 29 to June 12, 2005, then to Hollywood's Pantages Theatre from June 17 to July 31, and to the San Francisco's Orpheum Theatre from August 4 to September 11.
- Adam performs Carole King’s "You’ve Got a Friend" in a duet with Eden Espinosa at the One Night Only Cabaret, a special fundraiser event with the touring cast of the musical comedy "Wicked" presented at the Marines Memorial Theater in San Francisco.
Audio recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hqePZQRdDA
- Adam attends the Burning Man Festival (held in Black Rock City, Nevada) for the first time.
- Adam performs "Shir Lashalom", "The Prayer" and "As You Walk With Me" with Maya Haddi and Noa Dori at the 2005 "Celebration of Life" tribute concert to slain Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, held at the University of Judaism in Los Angeles, CA. Shir Lashalom is the song Rabin sang just before he was shot to death. With Freddie Schiftan (guitar), David Kontesz (drums), Smadar Galor (bass), Leo Chaliapov (saxophone), David Garret (cello), Sharon Farber (piano) and the Tova Marcus choir. Artistic director: Erga Schiftan. Music director: Sharon Farber. MC: Dennis Prager. [Videos]
- Adam plays the role of a blond football jock in the sexy adult revue "Debbie Loves Dallas" directed and choreographed by Jennifer Lopez's ex husband Cris Judd and presented at Harveys Lake Tahoe Casino and Resort. The show has some topless scenes and is presented to an over 21 crowd only.
- Adam records a demo of "Quiet Desperation" from the musical "Pump Up the Volume" for Jeff Thompson and Jordan Mann.
- Adam attends the Burning Man Festival, held in Black Rock City in the Nevada desert. He performs in "The Big Black Man Show" at Center Camp Cafe with Alanna (aka Allan Louis).
- Adam performs live for the first time as the lead singer of a rock band called "The Citizen Vein" at the Cat Club in Hollywood. The band also includes 3 other musicians: Monte Pittman (guitar, vocals), Tommy Victor (guitar, vocals) and Steve Sydelnik (drums). Over the next six months, they perform in different venues around L.A., such as the Knitting Factory in Hollywood and The Pitcher House in Hermosa Beach.
2007February 2007 - October 2008
- Adam is part of the Los Angeles production of the musical "Wicked" at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood, CA. He is an understudy for the role of Fiyero (played by Kristoffer Cusick) and is part of the ensemble cast.
- Adam performs with his band, "The Citizen Vein", at the Cat Club in Hollywood. [Video]
- Adam performs with his band, "The Citizen Vein", at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood.
- Adam performs with his band, "The Citizen Vein", at The Picher House in Hermosa Beach. [Videos]
- Adam performs "As Long As You're Mine" with Julie Reiber at Universal Studios' Blues Brother Stage in Hollywood, as part of "Wicked Wednesdays", a live promotional series for the musical "Wicked" (he replaced Kristoffer Cusick at the last minute). [Video]
- Adam attends the Burning Man Festival, held in Black Rock City in the Nevada desert. He performs in an impromptu musical revue called "The Big Black Man Show".
- Adam performs a Hebrew-English version of "The Prayer" with Temple of the Arts cantor Ilysia Pierce on Kol Nidre, the holiest evening of the Jewish calendar, at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills.
- Adam performs 'Dust in the Wind' on Upright Cabaret's Hollywood Nights Encore performance. Joining Adam on the piano is music director Bryan Perri. The show is produced by Chris Isaacson and Shane Scheel. [Video]
- Adam performs "Heaven on their Minds" from Jesus Christ Superstar at the "Valley Musical Theater Presents: Broadway Unplugged" event presented at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood. The show also features many of his "Wicked" castmates. [Video]
2008February 21-22, 2008
- Adam performs for two nights at the Upright Cabaret at the Viceroy Hotel in Palms Springs. He's taking time off from "Wicked" due to an injury. [Videos]
- Adam performs Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" at the Upright Cabaret grand re-opening at Mark's Restaurant in Los Angeles, CA. Music director Gerald Sternbach accompanyies him on the piano. The show is produced by Hollywood impresarios Chris Isaacson and Shane Scheel. [Video]
- Adam Lambert performs Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" with a group of dancers at Art 4 Life Benefit in Yucca Corridor, Los Angeles, CA. [Video]
- Adam auditions for American Idol at the Cow Palace in Daly City near San Francisco, California. He sings Michael Jackson's "Rock with You" and Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" in front of judges Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, Kara DioGuardi and Randy Jackson. Although Simon Cowell finds him too theatrical, he gets 4 votes and a ticket to Hollywood.
Video montage of Adam's audition: http://adamlambertobsession.blogspot.com/2009/06/looking-back.html
- Adam sings "Crawl through fire" at the Zodiac Show presented at the Avalon Theater in Hollywood. He co-wrote the song with Monte Pittman, Madonna's guitarist. [Video]
- Adam and 146 other American Idol contestants invade the Kodak Theater for American Idol's "Hollywood Week" elimination rounds, which were broadcasted in February 2009.
- Adam performs a glam version of "Kiss and Tell" at Club 740 in downtown Los Angeles with two black dancers. [Video]
- Adam performs a glam version of "Kiss and Tell" at the Society nightclub with two black dancers. [Photos]
- Adam performs a 30-minute set including OneRepublic's "Come Home" and Prince's "How Come You Don't Call Me Anymore" at Upright Cabaret's 2nd Annual New Year's Eve Blowout at Mark's Restaurant in Los Angeles, CA. [Videos]
2009Friday, January 30, 2009
- The list of the Top 36 American Idol's Season 8 contestants is leaked on Joe's Place Blog (http://www.joesplaceblog.com/2009/01/the-top-36-of-american-idol-8/). Adam's name is on it.
- Adam performs 4 Non Blondes' "What's Up?" (solo), Soul Brothers Six' "Some kind of wonderful" (group) and Cher's "Believe" (solo) during American Idol's "Hollywood Week" elimination rounds broadcasted from February 3 to February 11, 2009. These shows were taped in November 2008. [Videos]
- The top 36 American Idol contestants are announced during a special 2-hour broadcast.
- Adam performs Rolling Stones' "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" on AI's semi-final group 2 (Billboard Hot 100 Hits). [Videos]
- AI Results show: Adam makes the top 13
- Adam performs "Black or White" on AI's Top 13 (Michael Jackson week). [Videos]
- AI Results show: Adam makes the top 11
- Interview on Entertainment Tonight
- Adam performs Johnny Cash' "Ring of Fire" on AI's Top 11 (Grand Old Opry week). [Videos]
- AI Results show: Adam makes the top 10
- Performs The Miracles' "The Tracks of My Tears" on AI's Top 10 (Motown week). [Videos]
- AI Results show: Adam makes the top 9
- Adam performs Wild Cherry's "Play That Funky Music" on AI's Top 9 (Popular iTunes Downloads week). [Videos]
- AI Results show: Adam makes the top 8
- Adam performs Tears for Fears' "Mad World" on AI's Top 8 (Year They Were Born week). [Videos]
- AI Results show: Adam makes the top 7
- Adam performs Steppenwolf's "Born to be wild" on AI's first Top 7 week (Songs of the Cinema week). [Videos]
- AI results show: Adam is safe, but still in the top 7 (judges decide to save Matt Giraud)
- Performs Yvonne Elliman's "If I Can't Have You" on AI's second Top 7 week (Disco week). [Videos]
- AI results show: Adam makes the top 5
- Adam performs "Feeling Good" on AI's Top 5 (Rat Pack Standards week). [Videos]
- AI results show: Adam comes close to elimination but makes the top 4
- Performs Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" on AI's Top 4 (Rock Music week).[Videos]
- AI results show: Adam makes the top 3
- Adam's home coming visit to San Diego. He stops at Mt. Carmel High School to sing in front of students gathered in the track field. One female student removes her top and climbs onto the stage before being stopped by security. Adam laughs at the incident. He also visits a local radio station, a military base and his former musical theatre school, where he talks to the children, encouraging them to embrace their difference and pursue their dreams. Adam's parents accompany him on a tour of the town in a red convertible Mustang.
Visit to Mt Carmel High School: http://www.vimeo.com/4576667
- Performs U2's "One" and Aerosmith's "Cryin'" on AI's Top 3 (Judge's choice / Contestant's choice week).[Videos]
- AI results show: Adam makes the top 2. To everyone's surprise, Katy Perry, one of the guest singers, shows up in a satin cape embroidered with Adam's name.
- Final American Idol season 8 performance. Performs Tears for Fears' "Mad World", Sam Cooke's "A Change Is Gonna Come" and AI winner's song "No Boundaries".[Videos]
- American Idol finale. Adam sings with Kiss and Queen and places second behind AI winner Kris Allen. David Cooke announces that they will both get a new Ford Fusion Hybrid car. [Videos]
- Interview on Entertainment Tonight
- Adam's version of the song "No Boundaries" is made available for download on iTunes.
- Interview on Entertainment Tonight
- Clay Aiken, one of AI's previous runner ups, posts a message on his private blog bashing Adam Lambert.
- Phone interview on the "Ellen DeGeneres Show". [Video]
- Interview with other AI finalists on CNN's "Larry King Live". [Videos]
- Adam is photographed by Matthew Rolston at Smashbox Studios, Culver City, California, for the cover of the Rolling Stone magazine.
- Adam performs "Mad World" live on CBS' "Early Show" in New York. [Video]
- Television interview on the Regis & Kelly Show in New York.
- Television interview on Fox 5 in New York.
- Television interview with Kris Allen on the "Today Show" in New York.
- Television interview on "The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet".
- Adam is photographed holding hands with interior designer Drake LaBry as they were coming out of the Guy's and Dolls nightclub in West Hollywood.
- Interview with Eber Lambert, Adam's father.
- Adam wins the Young Hollywood Artist of the Year award at the 11th Annual Young Hollywood Awards held at the Eli and Edythe Broad Stage in Santa Monica, California. His award is presented to him by AI's judge Kara DioGuardi. Acceptance speech: http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5289180/13950832
- Insider interview at the YHA. YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUNmd19B7mo
- Adam is signed to 19 Recordings and licensed to RCA Records.
- The Rolling Stone magazine issue featuring Adam (Issue 1081 - June 25, 2009) hits newsstands. Adam is featured on the cover lying on his back with a green snake curled up on his thigh. The issue contains a full-length article where he reveals his homosexuality as well as intimate details of his personal life.
- Interview on Entertainment Tonight
- Neil Lambert, Adam's brother, is interviewed by 20/20 about Adam's coming out.
- Excerpts from the 20/20 interview on ABC's "Good Morning America": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNRCV4qEXCs
- Television interview on ABC's 20/20 with Chris Connelly where he talks about the Rolling Stone article and his sexual orientation. For the first time on television, he admits that he is gay.
- Neil Lambert's comments not aired on television but posted on 20/20's web site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUNmd19B7mo
- Interview on Entertainment Tonight
- Adam posts his first tweet on his confirmed Twitter account @therealGlambert. It simply says "yes folks, this is FINAAAAAAALLY ADAM!!!".
- Adam is nominated for two Teen Choice Awards: Male Reality/Variety Star and Male Choice Red Carpet Icon. He is also part of a group nomination in the Choice Music Tour category for the American Idol tour. The show will be broadcasted on the Fox television network on August 10.
- People magazine includes Adam on its "Hottest Bachelors" list for 2009.
- Adam has a live Comcast chat with his fans in the middle of tour rehearsals.
- Hi Fi Recordings and Wilshire Records reveal that they would be releasing "On With the Show", a compilation of songs Lambert had recorded prior to American Idol while working as a session musician. They release the first single, "Want", and indicate that the full album should come out sometime in the summer of 2009.
- Adam makes an official statement regarding the release of his old recordings. He explains that his musical style has changed from the work he did in the past: "Back in 2005 when I was a struggling artist, I was hired as a studio singer to lend my vocals to tracks written by someone else. I was broke at the time and this was my chance to make a few bucks, so I jumped at the opportunity to record for my first time in a professional studio. The work I did back then in no way reflects the music I am currently in the studio working on."
- In the following days, there was a lot of speculation about whether or not Adam had co-written these songs. When the whole track listing was made public, it appeared that he did, or at least some of them. Adam released a new statement: "Last Friday I was surprised to find out that songs I recorded back in 2005 were being released. Since then I discovered the entire track listing, revealed online today. I was shocked to learn that songwriting demos of songs that I cowrote and recorded over the past few years may be released in an album. Like a rough draft that a writer does before finishing a book, I did not intend my work on these demos to be heard by the public. I was unaware that anyone intended to release these recordings until I heard about it in the press, and I'm very disappointed by this entire situation."
- Photoshoot with L.A. photographer Robert Sebree.
- Hi Fi Recordings releases a new statement in response to Adam's: "As we've already outlined, releasing this music was always the plan. That plan was changed by 19 Recordings after Adam won America over with his extraordinary talent. It's a shame that his management/record company choose to disavow their client's work and discredit him as a songwriter. As an independent company whose role it is to help put this out, we at Hi Fi think this is an absolute slap in the face to Wilshire Records. That small indie music company, run by an experienced music producer, Malcolm Welsford, thrives on finding, nurturing and championing new talent, and now they find themselves at a tremendous potential loss. Adam's songwriting partner, Monte Pittman now finds himself at a tremendous potential loss. Via the press, in the words of the musician they dedicated so much time and money to, they are being told that their work with Adam should never see the light of day."
- Interview with Adam and Megan Joy on Access Hollywood Dish of Salt during tour rehearsals
- Release of American Idol Season 8 compilation album.
- Adam changes his Twitter account to @adamlambert.
- Adam posts on Twitter a picture of the SkinGraft leather jacket he's going to wear on stage: http://twitpic.com/93r6f.
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 kick-off concert at the Rose Garden in Portland, OR. Adam outshines all of his fellow AI finalists, including Kris Allen. His set includes "Whole Lotta Love", "Starlight", "Mad World", "Slow Ride" (duet with Allison Iraheta) and a David Bowie medley that includes excerpts from "Life on Mars", "Fame" and "Let's Dance". [Performances]
- Radio Interview on Vancouver Talk 1410, where Adam talks about Michael Jackson's death, the AI Live Tour and his upcoming album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IX_6gS-lI4
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, WA. [Performances]
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the GM Place in Vancouver, BC. A fuschia bra is thrown on stage during his duet with Allison Iraheta. She picks it up with her foot and throws it at his feet. He picks it up and swings it above his head before throwing it back into the crowd. [Performances]
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Arco Arena in Sacramento, CA. Adam has a "killer headache" and doesn't come out for autographs after the show. He apologizes to his fans on Twitter.
- Kris and Adam host the American Top 40 radio show, standing in for Ryan Seacrest.
- Backstage radio interview with Jayn for Alice@97.5 (KLLC-FM, San Francisco)
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, CA. Adam gives a superb performance. A black bra is thrown on stage during the Bowie medley. He picks it up after "Fame" and shows it to the audience, saying "yeaaahhh", before throwing it back into the crowd. [Performances]
- Adam posts the following messages on his Twitter account: "San Jose: Get ready for this! :)" followed by "Dance with me and I'll set you free!!!". These are the last messages that he sends before his account gets hacked a couple of days later.
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, CA. His mother Leila is in the audience. A few members of the Westboro Baptist Church, who regularly demonstrate at different concert events, protest against idolatry and homosexuality on the street in front of the arena. One of their signs reads "God hates fags". Adam is unfazed by the incident. [Performances]< http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid99140.asp
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the E Center in West Valley City, UT (suburb of Salt Lake City). Adam tones down his "Whole Lotta Love" number a bit by not fondling the microphone. [Performances]
- Danny Gokey warns Adam's fans that his Twitter account has been hacked. This is then followed by a BubbleTweet where Adam reveals that several of his social networking accounts have been hijacked: http://www.bubbletweet.com/showBT.php?id=uf3qt
- Adam spends the day recording for a movie soundtrack in Los Angeles, CA (wouldn't say which movie).
- Interview with Adam's mother Leila published in the North County Times Online Edition. She reveals that she is selling her house in the Bay area and will be moving to L.A. this summer to work for Adam. http://nctimes.com/articles/2009/07/15/entertainment/music/ze7c43910daaad6a5882575eb00579d92.txt
- Backstage interview with Yahoo! Music "Reality Rocks" blogger Lyndsey Parker.
- Backstage interview with MTV's Jim Cantiello, who tells him that Muse, one of Adam's favorite rock bands, will be performing their new single "Uprising" at the Video Music Awards on September 13.
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA. Adam is the star of the show, as usual. Megan Joy doesn't join the final group song "Don't stop believing", as she was apparently feeling sick. [Performances]
- Adam and Kris Allen receive the keys to their new cars at Galpin Ford in North Hills, CA. Kris gets a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid and Adam a 2010 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Premium (he managed to trade the Fusion for a Mustang). They will apparently not take possession of their cars right away.
- Adam sends a Bubble Tweet from Danny Gokey's account to say that he still doesn't have control over his Twitter, MySpace, Facebook and GMail accounts.
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, CA. The concert is sold out and fans wait for hours in blazing heat before the show outside the arena to get a glimpse of the idols.
- Backstage interview with Pam Kragen for the North County Times.
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the San Diego Sports Arena in San Diego, CA, his hometown. 9500-seat arena is filled at near capacity. A blue feather boa is thrown on stage during the Bowie medley. Adam picks it up and swings it over his head for a few seconds before throwing it aside. Adam's performance gets rave reviews as usual. His father, who lives in San Diego, is out of town and cannot attend the show. [Performances]
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Jobing.com Arena in Glendale, AZ. [Performances]
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX. Adam's hair is styled into a pompadour, like in San Jose. [Performances]
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the BOK Center in Tulsa, OK. Adam picks up a red bra during Slow Ride and twirls it for a while before throwing it back. [Performances]
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Verizon Arena in North Little Rock, AK. The 15,000-seat arena is packed and Kris Allen, an Arkansas native, gets the loudest cheers of the night. [Performances]
Tulsa Today: http://www.tulsatoday.com/newsdesk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2095&Itemid=9
Arkansas Democrat Gazette (paid subscription): http://www2.arkansasonline.com/news/2009/jul/26/music-review-crowd-shows-noisy-love-state-20090726/
- Adam and the other Idols visit Graceland, home of the legendary Elvis Presley.
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the FedEx Forum in Memphis, TN. The pompadour hairstyle is back, a nod to Elvis? [Performances]
Go Memphis: http://www.gomemphis.com/news/2009/jul/27/american-idols-live-concert-proves-viewers-votes-c/
The Leaf-Chronicle: http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20090802/COLUMNISTS17/908020341
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa, FL. There's more bra twirling during Slow Ride and Adam even plays with a couple of kinky accessories (a red whip and rhinestone-studded handcuffs) during "Fame". Adam leaves the arena right after the show and doesn't come out to meet his fans, apparently due to a security incident involving a female stalker. [Performances]
St. Petersburg Times: http://www.tampabay.com/features/music/article1022822.ece
- Bill Masters from Windy City Times reveals that Adam had recorded a track for Roland Emmerich' upcoming disaster movie, "2012", which should be used for the closing credits. This is probably the soundtrack that Adam recorded on July 15.
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, FL. Adam doesn't appear at the VIP meet and greet or come out to sign autographs after the show because of concerns for his security. [Performances]
Miami Herald (free subscription): http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/v-fullstory/story/1163537.html
Palm Beach Post: http://www.pbpulse.com/music/2009/07/30/adam-kris-lead-a-surprisingly-solid-idols-live/
Examiner.com: http://www.examiner.com/x-1988-Miami-and-Fort-Lauderdale-Performing-Arts-Examiner~y2009m8d2-Adam-Lambert-removed-from-meet-and-greet-at-Bank-Atlantic-Center-due-to-stalkers Security incident: http://www.examiner.com/x-1988-Miami-and-Fort-Lauderdale-Performing-Arts-Examiner~y2009m8d3-Adam-Lambert-removed-from-meet-and-greet-at-Bank-Atlantic-Center-due-to-stalkers
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Arena @ Gwinnett Center in Duluth, GA. The show is sold out. Adam twirls a bra and wraps a purple boa around Allison's neck during "Slow Ride" and picks up a purple whip during "Fame". He comes out to meet his fans after the show, dispelling rumours that he had cancelled all meet and greets after the Tampa incident. [Performances]
The Walton Sun: http://www.waltonsun.com/news/duluth-3383-matt-idol.html
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, NC. Adam and Allison have fun with a couple of colourful bras during "Slow Ride". [Performances]
Charlotte Observer: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/549/story/866437.html?storylink=omni_popular; http://www.charlotteobserver.com/local/story/867108.html
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, NC. There were no props this time around. [Performances]
News & Record: http://www.news-record.com/content/2009/08/04/article/allen_he_s_good_but_lambert_steals_the_show
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Verizon Center in Washington, DC. Adam picked up a red bra during "Fame". [Performances]
Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/05/AR2009080502409.html
Express Night Out: http://www.expressnightout.com/content/2009/08/american-idols-live-verizon-center-dc.php NBC New York: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainment/music/_Idols__show_moves_from_awkward_to_admirable-52899607.html
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore, MD. Adam's hair is slicked back. Allison signals a fan to throw a bra at Adam during Slow Ride, but the bra is thrown at her instead and narrowly misses her. Adam picks up a leopard-print bra during Fame. After the show, he doesn't come out to meet fans and sign autographs. [Performances]
Baltimore Sun: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/midnight_sun/blog/2009/08/concert_review_american_idols.html
- Adam finally regains control of his Twitter account and sends 2 Bubble Tweets to let his fans know, the first one from backstage in Baltimore and the second one from the bus en route to New York.
Second (with Kris Allen): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfWVgzHuvt0
- Television appearance with Kris Allen and David Cook on Good Morning America's Summer Concert Series in Central Park, New York City, NY. Adam performs an acoustic version of Muse's "Starlight" and joins David and Kris for Fleetwood Mac's "Little Lies". He sends the following Tweet after the show: "New York!!!!! GMA was fun this morning! What a treat to sing w David cook and kris allen!!!". [Videos]
- Interview with RollingStone.com in which he reacts to the news of Paula Abdul's departure from American Idol.
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ. The Elvis hairstyle is back. Allison gives Adam a pink bra during "Slow Ride" and he twirls a white one during "Fame". He sent a Twitter message that night to apologize for not coming out after the show, saying that he had been up since 5:00 a.m. and needed to rest his voice. [Performances]
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. Allison gives a pink stringy thing to Adam during Slow Ride. He shows it to the audience and says "What the eff is this?", making Allison laugh. He also picks up a black bra during Fame. [Performances]
The Village Voice: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/archives/2009/08/american_idol_t_12.php
- Adam goes to a photoshoot in New York for Elle Magazine with Kris Allen and Allison Iraheta.
- Adam wins a Teen Choice Award in the category "Choice TV Male Reality/Variety Star".
- Adam's "Mad World" is featured in an ad for a new ABC show called "Flash Forward".
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. Adam picks up several pieces of underwear during Slow Ride, and gives one to Allison. His mother is in the audience. After the show, Adam tweets his fans that he wouldn't be coming out to sign autographs because he wanted to spend time with his family and friends. Some disappointed fans react angrily. [Performances]
New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/11/arts/music/11idols.html
- Adam talks about his new album on Rock & Roll Daily: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/08/10/adam-lamberts-sexy-november-debut-stocked-with-surprises/
- The top 10 American Idols Season 8 finalists ring the NASDAQ stock market closing bell in New York.
- The 2009 Teen Choice Awards airs on FOX. The ceremony has been taped the day before.
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, NY. [Performances]
The Knight News: http://www.qcknightnews.com/music/american-idols-live-1.1848875
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, NY. Adam twitters his fans that the doctor has ordered him to rest his voice after the next few shows, and that he won't be able to come out to sign autographs. In order to alleviate their disappointment, he holds a Twitter party that night where he answers their questions for an hour. [Performances]
Newsweek Pop Vox: http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/popvox/archive/2009/08/14/front-row-at-the-american-idol-concert.aspx
- Adam does a photo shoot with Warwick Saint for the CD cover of his new album. A picture of him in a futuristic costume is leaked on the internet the next day.
- Queen's guitarist Brian May declares on his site that he has been blown away by the new track that Adam has recorded for the upcoming movie 2012. http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, ON. A dildo is thrown on stage and hits Adam on the knee during "Whole Lotta Love". [Performances]
Hamilton Spectator: http://www.thespec.com/go/go_at_home/article/618780
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, NY. [Performances]
Democrat and Chronicle: http://rocnow.com/article/living/200990815013
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the XL Center in Hartford, CT. [Performances]
Norwich Bulletin: http://www.norwichbulletin.com/entertainment/x2145957256/Hall-About-Pop-Idols-Live-Tour-features-two-acts-on-one-stage
- Adam spends the day in New York City recording a song for his new album with Max Martin.
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, MA. Adam twirls a bra and wraps a black boa around the guitarist's shoulders during "Slow Ride". [Performances]
Boston Herald: http://news.bostonherald.com/entertainment/music/general/view/20090819on_a_stage_full_of_idols_adam_lambert_is_the_only_star/srvc=home&position=recent
Boston Globe: http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2009/08/19/its_lambert_who_rules_the_stage_for_garden_idols_party/
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Times Union Center in Albany, NY. No intimate apparel is thrown on stage during this set. [Performances]
Times Union: http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=833127&category=ARTS
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, PA. Adam has fun with a black whip at the beginning of "Slow Ride". [Performances]
- A recent interview from Long Island with Velocity Live Radio where Adam talks about his "smelly" fans sparks some controversy.
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh, PA. Adam waves a Terrible Towel. [Performances]
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09235/992796-388.stm
Pittsburgh Tribune: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/ae/music/s_639794.html
Beaver County Times & Allegheny Times: http://www.timesonline.com/articles/2009/08/24/entertainment/doc4a9287afb4a2d011408246.txt
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at Cleveland State University's Wolstein Center in Cleveland, OH. Allison picks up a blue boa during Slow Ride. [Performances]
The Plain Dealer: http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2009/08/american_idols_live_tour.html
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Schottenstein Center in Columbus, OH. Lots of objects are thrown on stage during that set. Adam plays with a hot-pink bra and a blue feather on a stick during Slow Ride, as well as a black whip in the Bowie medley. [Performances]
The Columbus Dispatch: http://dispatch.com/live/content/life/stories/2009/08/25/review_idol.html?sid=101
The Herald-Dispatch: http://media.herald-dispatch.com/blog/idol/2009/08/my-complete-recap-of-idols-live-in.html
Cincinnati Parenting Examiner: http://www.examiner.com/x-16834-Cincinnati-Parenting-Examiner~y2009m8d28-American-Idols-Live-review
- Backstage interview with Michele DeSelms for FOX 17.
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Auburn Hills, MI. [Performances]
The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/20090827/ENT04/908270407/Lambert-wows-Palace-crowd
The Oakland Press: http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2009/08/27/entertainment/doc4a9684eb64ada748729274.txt
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, WI. Danny Gokey, the hometown boy, gets the loudest cheers. Adam is flashed by a female fan after the show. [Performances]
Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/musicandnightlife/56003247.html
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, MO. [Performances]
St. Louis Post-Dispatch: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entertainment/reviews.nsf/concert/story/583D97F398308C50862576220064F2E6?OpenDocument
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, MO. The Westboro Baptist Church demonstrated again in front of the arena, this time specifically targeting Adam. [Performances]
Kansas City Star: http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/music/story/1415482.html
- Adam goes to a photo shoot in Los Angeles.
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Target Center in Minneapolis, MN. Allison is on fire, but Adam's reviews are not as good as usual. [Performances]
Pioneer Press: http://www.twincities.com/entertainment/ci_13250101
Minneapolis Star Tribune: http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/56681177.html
- Adam announces on Twitter that his album will be released on November 24.
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL. Adam is in top form. He kicks a beach ball during Slow Ride and picks up a red boa during Fame. [Performances]
Chicago Tribune: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-090901-american-idol-tour-lambert,0,1541043.story
DesPlaines Times: http://www.pioneerlocal.com/desplaines/entertainment/1759640,entertainment-cook-idols-091009-s1.article
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, WI. Adam has to rest his throat and doesn't come out after the show, but he holds a Twitter party instead, where he reveals that his 2012 song is a classic rock ballad. [Performances]
Capital Times: http://host.madison.com/entertainment/music/article_f8c5e0ae-9a14-11de-a9e5-001cc4c002e0.html
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN. Adam and Allison have fun with a feather tickler during Slow Ride and Adam plays with a blue whip during Fame. [Performances]
Indianapolis Star: http://www.indystar.com/article/20090906/ENTERTAINMENT/909060420/1005/ENTERTAINMENT/Adam+Lambert+leads+Idol+fans+in+Indy+concert
Metromix Indianapolis: http://indianapolis.metromix.com/music/concert_review/lambert-attracts-a-vocal/1444253/content
Fan review (whip story): http://www.adamistherealidol.com/2009/09/fan-review-from-indy-whip-owner.html
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, MI. Adam rocks but the night belongs to Matt Giraud, a native of West Michigan. Adam shows a pair of boxer-briefs to Allison during Slow Ride. [Performances]
Grand Rapids Press: http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/09/review_matt_girauds_dreams_com.html
Sturgis Journal: http://www.sturgisjournal.com/entertainment/x244358779/The-Farr-Side-Idol-stars-shine-on-stage-at-Van-Andel
Grand Rapids Press: http://blog.mlive.com/goinggonzo/
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Sovereign Center in Reading, PA. Adam wraps a blue boa around his shoulders during Fame. [Performances]
Reading Eagle: http://www.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=156053
Allentown Morning Call: http://blogs.mcall.com/lehighvalleymusic/2009/09/idols-live-shows-some-contestants-have-grown-others-idle-.html
- The title of the song performed by Adam in Roland Emmerich's movie "2012" is revealed at the bottom of the latest movie poster: "Time for Miracles".
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre, PA. [Performances]
The Times Leader: http://www.timesleader.com/entertainment/WHEN_WHERE___09-11-2009.html
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Arena @ Harbor Yard in Bridgeport, CT. The Idols are sick and Kris Allen is unable to perform. Adam nevertheless gives a very good performance, and wraps a red boa around his shoulders during Fame. He later tweets that he was hit by a fever right after the show. [Performances]
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland, ME. [Performances]
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, RI. [Performances]
The Providence Journal: http://www.projo.com/music/content/Idols_Review_14_09-14-09_TVFNA4O_v7.3a60be4.html
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the War Memorial @ Oncenter in Syracuse, NY. Sporting a pompadour, Adam doesn't go for the high notes but gives a very colourful performance, playing with a black whip, a bra and a hat. He doesn't come out for the M&G or at the barricades after the show. [Performances]
The Post-Standard: http://blog.syracuse.com/idolthoughts/2009/09/american_idols_live_hits_the_c.html
- American Idols Live Tour 2009 concert at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, NH. For the last show of the tour, Adam's hair is very high and he has rhinestones around his eyes. Allison wears a bejeweled jockstrap during Slow Ride (it had been thrown on stage at the Syracuse concert). At the end of the show, all the Idols gather on stage and have fun with a wide array of boas and underwear. Adam throws his gloves and his jewelry into the crowd. [Performances]
- Adam and Kris Allen perform unplugged at the annual Ford Motor Company Day in Dearborn, MI. This corporate event is open only to members of the Adcraft Club of Detroit. [Performances]
Article about the event: http://www.examiner.com/x-2695-American-Idol-Examiner~y2009m9d14-Kris-Allen-and-Adam-Lambert-to-appear-at-Ford-day
- Adam goes to Denver to record tracks for his debut album with OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder. He tweets: "In Denver recording w Ryan Tedder!!! Get ready for your Sonic Lobotomy!", then "Denver Tedder sessions were major! Looking forward to working with the fantastic Dr Luke and Claude Kelly tommorow!"
- Adam goes to a recording session in Los Angeles with Claude Kelly and Dr. Luke. He tweets: "@ClaudeKelly is amazing! Honestly one of the most supportive and reassuring guys I've ever had the pleasure to record with! And the good dr Luke is gonna spin that session into GOLD! (as he does) :)"
- Adam's debut album becomes available for pre-order on Amazon.com and climbs to #2 on their bestsellers list on the first day, with no promotion, no title, no cover and no single to support it. [Article]
- Adam goes to a recording session with Linda Perry.
- Adam's debut album reaches the top of Amazon.com's bestsellers' list. [Article]
- Adam thanks his fans for supporting his DonorsChoose.org challenge. [Video]
- Adam goes to a recording session with Greg Wells. He tweets: "In studio w @Greg_wells album is cookin up reeeeeally reeally nice!!!".
- Adam announces the American Music Awards nominations at the Beverly Hills Hotel with Paula Abdul and Snoop Dogg. [Video]
- That night, Adam Lambert, Alisan Porter and Ferras AlQaisi record a song that they have written together.
- Adam spends the day in studio with Lady Gaga and records a song that she has written for him. [Article]
- Adam reveals the title of his new album on Twitter: "It's official! My debut album, dropping November 23rd will be called "For Your Entertainment"".
- Adam is featured in the November issue of "Details" magazine. The article is accompanied by racy photos with Canadian model Kim Cloutier. [Article]
Dish of Salt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfAKLmal-xM
Entertainment Tonight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU1S0M4ajnM
- The "Time for Miracles" music video is released late that night on Adam's MySpace website.
Entertainment Weekly (Michael Slezak): http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/10/21/adam-lambert-time-for-miracles-video-2012/
MTV (James Montgomery and Jim Cantiello): http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/448340/adam-lamberts-time-for-miracles-video-review.jhtml
Yahoo Music! (Lyndsey Parker): http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/279195/adam-lamberts-first-music-video-explodes-fans-heads-follow-suit/
- Release of Roland Emmerich's movie "2012", in which Adam sings "Time for Miracles".
- Adam performs his first single at the American Music Awards.
- Release of Adam's first album with 19 Entertainment/RCA Records, entitled "For Your Entertainment".
- Interview on the Elvis Duran radio show: Audio.
- Interview on WPLJ 95.5 Scott & Todd's radio show.
- Interview on KIIS FM Ryan Seacrest's radio show: Audio.
- Interview with MTV's Alexa Chung: Video.
- Interview with MTV News' Jim Cantiello: Videos.
- Interview with Best Week Ever's Michelle Collins: Part 1, Part 2.
- Debut of the "For Your Entertainment" music video on Adam Official.
- Live television appearance on the Early Show in New York City, NY. Adam sings "Whataya Want From Me" and "Music Again": Videos.
- Interview for "The Morning Jolt" with Larry Flick on SIRIUS XM radio: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.
- "Réalité" interview with Michael Slezak: Videos.
- Interview on Toronto's CHUM FM 104.5 radio station: Audio.
- Television appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman in New York City, NY. Adam sings "Whataya Want From Me". The show was taped on November 23.
- Adam appears on the Ellen DeGeneres Show, where he's interviewed and performs "Whataya Want From Me" with his band. The show was taped on November 30
- Adam donates the outfit that he wore to perform with KISS at the American Idol Season 8 finale to the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego, California.
- Adam is the guest host of the KDWB Jingle Ball at the XCel Energy Center in St. Paul's, Minnesota. He doesn't sing.
- Adam hosts Logo's NewNowNext PopLab TV show.
- Adam is interviewed by Barbara Walters as part of her TV special "10 Most Fascinating People of 2009". The interview was taped on November 24.
- Adam appears on "The View", where he's interviewed and performs with his band. The show was taped on December 7.
- Adam is interviewed on Larry King Live.
- Adam appears on the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien.
- Adam appears on the Jay Leno show.
This post was originally published by The Librarian on the Adam Lambert Reference Centre blog. The original post URL is http://alreference.blogspot.com/2009/07/adam-lambert-timeline.html